Sunday 9 December 2012

The Amazing Spiderman (2012)


I received so much hate for loving this movie, many people told me that the Raimi films are much better and that this movie was "shit." But I stood strong and stuck to my opinion, The Amazing Spiderman was a wonderful movie, I was actually REALLY impressed with Andrew Garfield's performance and I thought that it surpassed that of Tobey Maguire's. The story was just sensational, and I loved the fact that it followed the storyline of the comics, unlike the Raimi films.

The cast of the film really worked hard and the end product was proof of this. The CGI in the movie was fantastic, and I was really happy that I got to know more about the how Peter Parker became Spiderman in a more detailed way, rather than in the Raimi films, which I felt was just sped up. The main villain of the movie, The Lizard, was just amazing, but I couldn't stop giggling at the structure of his face, because I thought that he was smiling the whole time, but that's not the point, the point is he was just amazing. I also loved the fact that there is a bit of humor incorporated in the movie, which in opinion just put the icing on the cake. Also, I forgot to mention, Emma Stone was just as stunning as ever!

People will think that I am comparing this movie to the Raimi films, but the truth is, I'm not. quite simply, I loved this movie, just as much as I love Spiderman. My eyes were stuck to the screen the whole time and I couldn't stop talking about it in school the next day. The movie is called The Amazing Spiderman, and yes,  the word amazing is really the right word to describe it :D
 
"Secrets have a cost. They're not free. Not now, not ever"
Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment