I'd first like to say that 2013 was an awesome year with it's ups far outweighed its downs. Initially, I was supposed to make a best and worst list movies released in 2013, but since some movies that are released in 2013 in the US are gonna show in 2014 here in Bahrain, so I'm probably gonna release a best and worst list by mid-January.
But worry not, the following is a list of 13 personal and entertainment's best highlights of 2013:
13) Iron Man 3's twist. We both know that this was the last thing on our mind when we entered the theater, I won't spoil it for you in case you haven't watched the movie yet (although if you didn't, you gotta get your shit straight man!), but it made me scream "What the Fuck!" in the cinema.
|Yes, It involved him.|
12) Captain Phillips' Ending. I'm telling you, those 6-7 minutes in the end are good enough to grab Tom Hanks a third Academy Award.
|Yeah, that's definitely an Oscar that I see.|
11) Ben Affleck cast as Batman in upcoming Man Of Steel Sequel. This has to be one of the most disappointing decisions ever made, ever! Don't get me wrong, Ben is an exceptional actor and an even more exceptional director, but I just can't imagine him as batman; I don't think he can pull it off. In my mind Bruce Wayne/Batman will always be Christian Bale.
|Yep, that's more like it.|
10) GTA V. Do I even need to elaborate on this one?
|Game of the Decade? Maybe|
9) Last Vegas Ensemble. Last Vegas was an extremely predictable and mediocre movie for me, but seeing Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Kline all in one movie was an unforgettable experience. The satisfaction I got from seeing these 4 superb talents all in one film doing what they do best was mind blowing.
8) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. You all know how much I loved this movie, despite its ending which was a complete pisser, I adore this movie so much that it had to be included on this list.
7) The Great Gatsby parties. The Great Gatsby was not one of the best movie I saw in 2013, in fact, I don't even like it that much. It's deviation from the source material, Tobey Maguire, and the overall feel of the movie did not impress me. But the parties, my god, I loved the over-the-topness of them, they are exactly the way I imagined them when I read the book.
6) Metallica: Through The Never. Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Creeping Death, and Hit the Lights all live in 3D, need I say more?
5) My Metallica collection is complete. December 20th, 2013 was the day I completed my Metallica collection FINALLY, as you may or may not know, I've been a HUGE fan of the band since god knows when! And to have all their albums here with me is just *sniff* sensational.
|Doesn't that look sexy?|
4) My discovery of TipsyBartender. I absolutely love this channel on YouTube, ever since I discovered it I was hooked, my favorite channel on YouTube by far. Cheers Tipsy!!
3) Jean Claude Van Damme's Epic Split. Just watch the video, you'll understand why this is the most epic things that happened this year. Badassery level: 1000000000000000000.
2) SENIOR YEAR BABY!! Yep, I'm finally graduating after all these year of blood, sweat, and tears. So far I'm enjoying every single moment of it, and I think it'll continue this in 2014 :D.
And NUMBER ONE IS.....
1) Breaking Bad. The rise and fall of a king, the end of a masterpiece, but the memory remains! I started watching Breaking Bad in the summer of 2013, and I was so hooked to it that I got up to season 5 in one week. To this day, I can't stop talking about it, such a legendary show that won my heart. Breaking Bad is the best thing that happened to me this year, and I will continue to love the show forever! Now, Say My Name.....
|All Hail The King!|
Finally, I would like to thank all my readers, friends, and family for their undying support and encouraged me to continue writing on this blog despite my lack of motivation. Happy New Year to all of my dear readers; party hard, live life to the fullest, and be safe.