Saturday 6 October 2012

Men In Black 3 (2012)


I was so excited when I heard that a new MIB movie was coming out because I have always wanted to experience the pleasure of watching an MIB movie in the cinema. I have been a big fan of the MIB series for a very long time and for many reasons, it ranks up as one of my favorite trilogies of all time. This movie is just great, and it does not stick out as the black sheep of the herd in the trilogy, it just gives you one more reason to love the MIB movie series!

The thing about this movie is, it took all the good elements from the previous movies and multiplied it 100 times. The humor is just as amazing as ever, I actually had moments where I was rolling on the floor with laughter. Jemaine Clement did a fantastic job playing the main antagonist, Boris the animal. Boris' mix of humor and seriousness is the thing that I liked the most about him. I also loved the feeling of funkiness that was injected into the movie. One thing though, I was a bit shaky about the involvement of time travel in the movie, but I was terribly wrong for thinking that,  the concept of time travel is always a risky step in making a movie in my opinion, but it somehow worked in this movie.

But the man that made the movie for me, the man that I was most impressed with in terms of acting, was Josh Brolin who played the young agent Kay. I honestly praise this man, his portrayal of young Kay was amazing. It's not easy to portray a character that was played by an already respected actor(Tommy Lee Jones), and I honestly think that Josh Brolin had a big burden on his shoulders in terms of whether he could match the characteristics of Kay that Tommy Lee Jones had already established or not , but he pulled it off and did a great job!

This movie is an all in one package, Men in Black, Aliens, the 60's, Will Smith comedy, and a great production. This is a kind of movie that you truly enjoy, and the thrill ride is non-stop, this movie also answers a lot of questions and provides a satisfying conclusion. I also hear that there will be a fourth movie, and I'll say this from now, I will definitely  attend. Overall you guys, this movie AH MAY ZIIING!!!!


"Let's agree to disagree"
Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment